Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy 30th to Brian!!

This last weekend was a crazy one! But I made it that way.
Probably in January I was talking with Brian about what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said he didn't really want anything big and nobody to make fun of him. Well that of course meant I needed to plan something. He is always dishing it out!
So my brilliant plan was a surprise party in his behalf. Friday I got everything ready- house, food, making a cake (with the help of Brook!), and getting Will over to Grandma/pa before I went to take him out to dinner. I definitely made things harder than they should have been but it was fun! And it turned out how I wanted. Everything would have went a lot faster and smoother if my boy had taken a nap longer than 30 minutes! Seriously the day before, 3 hours.
The plan as Brian knew it was we were going to Rodizio Grill (oh yummy, we haven't been there in almost 5 years!) and I was picking him up from work. But we needed to be home around 8 to get 'our babysitter' home for a party. We had time to do a little shopping. We found him new jeans and I found a skirt that will work for this growing belly. But they didn't have my size at that store but the one right by our house did.
Off we went home, but conveniently we needed to get Brian's car from the park and ride and being the wonderful husband he is, he went to get the skirt from the store while I went home to take the babysitter home!
Amy had come over early to let everyone in and finish setting up, thanks Amy Sue!!
When he got home everyone was there and, SURPRISE!!!
Honestly I thought he knew about it and was just being nice to me and my pregnant brain. But somehow I was able to tell all the right 'fibs' and pull it off. It was fun to see his face, cause he really had no idea! So fun.
I was so worried about everything else we didn't get any good pictures.

He really needed all the air he could to get all those candles out!


Kathy, Sara, Brian, and Jon
(there was a lot of other people there, but no pics)



And my master piece. Yep I'm proud of it. Thank you Brook!

After the party we went to get the party at Grandma/pa's. Somehow they got Will and Amy's 4 to sleep! So transport from car to home to bed! It was perfect.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE
I love you more everyday! even if you are dirty thirty now :)

4 comments:

Summer said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Great job on pulling it off!!

ThE CrAZy GaTEs! said...

happy birthday!! I never knew you married such an old man!! :) Hope you guys are doing awesome! we're in our new house now, so you have to come visit soon!

Cam said...

I love this cake too! It is so classy. I just want to devour a huge slice of that chocolate tower. The cake stand is really cute too.

Nielson said...

My mouth is watering just looking at this cake! You did a fabulous job! Looks yummy :) And happy birthday to Brian!