Friday, June 22, 2007

Vatican Museum

We went to the Vatican Museum on Friday. First of all I feel dumb because I did not realize what all was in the Vatican Museum. There is a lot more than I ever thought could be in one museum. Here is just a glimpse of what we saw while there for 3 hours, which really wasn't enough time but knowing that I will be back again with Brian we decided to skip a few things. The Sistine Chapel, really no words can describe what it is like in there. I wish there could be a time when only a few people are in there but being here during the high season of tourists I don't think that is going to happen. There are no picture's allowed in the chapel so here is a sneaky bad blurry picture. My art history and interior history classes all came to life while here. The picture of the chair- this was my favorite chair while in my interior history class.
I am going on a hunt for a history book to refresh my memory of all the sites I am seeing.

No comments: